Heating and cooling your new house is a very important aspect to making it a home. Natural gas is a very common choice for most families in the United States. The other option is electric, which is a good option for people who happen to live in areas where gas is not available. There are some areas where gas lines are not possible and also a select number of people who prefer electric to gas.
A few reasons that gas may actually be a better option than electric are:
- In many situations, gas is less expensive to run.
- Converting from gas to electric can be expensive, making it not worth it for many families.
- The cost of heating up fuel in regards to carbon foot print may not be worth it.
- Electric heating has been considered inherently inefficient, According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, most electricity that is produced is using methods that are only 30% efficient. Another thing to consider is that coal is one of the most common fuels used to create electricity.
- According to the EPA, natural gas actually burns cleaner than coal which means that it better for the environment.
Overall, consumers really need to do their research before making such a large and expensive decision. To learn more about electric and gas heaters please visit this website.
Please contact us if you have questions regarding your new home.