Building a custom home takes time. This might be the only downfall of designing your home yourself. For some families, this is not a big deal because they are not in a rush. Other people will need to find a place to live while their home is being built.
Maybe you have family that does not mind putting you up, or maybe you are waiting on your current home to sell while you wait. Either way, this process can be daunting and emotionally exhausting.
Here are a few tips for passing the time:
- Take a vested interest in the style and design of your new home: This can take your mind off of things and help you see the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Allow yourself time to relax and live in the moment: For some families this might come in the form of a vacation. For others this might mean a day spent doing something besides thinking, talking, or making decisions about their new home.
- Try not to make all of the decisions at once: Considering your options and thinking about the way your family functions can help you make sure that your home is exactly what you want it to be.
- Giving your builder ample notice if you decide to make changes: Making sure that your builder is in the loop with your decision making can save both time and money.
- Enjoy it as much as possible: We hope that this is your dream house and while this process might be stressful, it might be one that you remember for years to come.
Creating your dream home is a personal and unique situation. At Tuscany Homes, we want to be with you every step of the way. Click here to view our gallery to begin getting ideas for your custom home in Vancouver WA.