When you are building your custom home in Vancouver WA, one of the first decisions you’ll make is whether or not you would like a single level or multi-level home.
Generally, multi story homes are more efficient and are less expensive to build per square foot than single story homes, however, stairs will take up at least 100 square feet and cost more to build.
Ask yourself some of these questions to help guide your decision-making.
- How old are your household members? If you have little ones, or are planning on having any, stairs could be hazardous.
- Planning on having family members come live with you? On the same token, if you are planning on having elderly family members come and stay with you, stairs may be difficult to maneuver.
- What size yard do you need? Often, single story homes have smaller yards than multi level homes.
- Does your property have a view? A multi story home could provide a view over obstructions like trees or other houses.
- Do you plan on reselling? Some real estate experts claim that over 70% consumers prefer a single story home and that they are in high demand. Building a single story could mean that your home will be easier to sell in the long run.
If you have any questions about the difference between single and multi-level homes, contact the experts at Tuscany Homes Custom Home Builders in Vancouver WA here.