Is mid-century modern the appropriate design style for new custom homes in Vancouver WA or is it just a passing trend?
If it’s a trend, it’s a trend that’s be around for a long time. Ask any home decorator, mid-century modern has been trending for about two decades.
Here are some reasons why mid-century modern is a style that has endured the years:
- The style is simple.
- Low-to-the-ground silhouettes are ideal for small urban spaces, the ones a lot of people are coveting nowadays.
- Mid-century modern is perfect for open floor plans.
- Mid-century works for people wanting less stuff in their home.
- Mid-century’s aesthetic caterers to a wide range of tastes, everything from 20-somethings looking for a causal style to baby boomers opting for nostalgia.
- Mid-century modern is very flexible and versatile.
Can we stop calling mid-century modern a trend and start calling it a style? The answer is “yes” and “no.”
Are designers and home owners going full on mid-century modern? Are they buying less comfortable furniture, using shag carpeting, and decorating with avocado greens and mustard yellows?
That answer is no.
Well, there might be a few that are doing that, but the majority of designers and home owners aren’t faithfully copying the style but using its philosophy. Instead of turning their home into something you’d see on Mad Men, they are using a few mid-century modern accent pieces and decorating around them.
Those accent pieces might be an arching floor lamp, a low credenza, or one of those bulky dressers with the cute, skinny legs. Remember, mid-century modern furniture should be functional, informal, and simple.
For designers in Vancouver WA, mid-century modern might be the inspiration they need to decorate new custom homes. You don’t have to make it look like it’s right out of the 1950s, but you can use concepts from mid-century modern to compliment your own style.
Add your own style to a custom home, whether it’s mid-century modern or rustic log cabin. Start by contacting Tuscany Homes today!