Should you hire a builder and have them make you a custom home somewhere in Vancouver WA or should you hire a real estate agent buy an existing home?
It’s a big question and the answer is different for everybody. Yes, we all want to have a home that’s made to our specifications, but the process of building a custom home can be quite stressful.
So, is buying an existing home really the right option for you? It might be if the following apply:
- You need to move right away.
- You want to live in a particular neighborhood or on a particular street.
- You want someone else to make all the decisions about your home.
- You want the “character” that comes from an older home or you want a home with some history.
- You want to see exactly what you’re getting before you buy or you have trouble visualizing what a custom home will look like.
- You want a home with matured landscaping. Lawns can be “rolled” out. That’s not a problem. Where pre-existing homes have custom homes beat is with matured trees, shrubs, and bushes.
- You’re handy and you don’t mind owning a home that will probably need considerable maintenance.
To read part one of this series, click here.
To learn more about whether or not a custom home in Vancouver WA is right for you, contact renowned builder, Tuscany Homes, by clicking here.