One of the decisions custom home builders in Vancouver WA will ask you to make is selecting the color of your home’s interior.
It’s a tough decision. That’s why Tuscany Homes has put together this three-part series on picking paint color for your custom home’s interior.
If you’re considering a color, experts recommend that you consult a color wheel. It sounds silly, but it can help you pick complementary, subtle, cool, and muted colors.
- Colors opposite one another on the wheel are complementary and will play off one another.
- Colors of the same shade will likely create a subtle and soothing atmosphere.
- Cool colors, like blues, greens, and purples, will make small rooms look larger.
- Colors like reds, yellows, and oranges, will make a room feel vibrant.
- Warm colors have cool colors as complements.
- Cool colors have warm colors as complements.
After you’ve narrowed your choices down to a few colors, buy samples of each from the same paint store your contractor is going to use. It might be a little expensive, but it’s cheaper than having to re-paint the entire interior of your home.
It’s unlikely that you’ll be able to paint a part of the wall in the actual room, but you can paint a board and bring that board into the room to see how the color looks in the room’s natural lighting conditions.
To read part one of this series, click here.
To read part two of this series, click here.
Contact Tuscany Homes, one of the friendliest custom home builders in Vancouver WA.