If you own a home, you may already know how important an outdoor living space can be for its functionality. Having a place outside for your kids, guests, and pets can make your home feel bigger and give you the room you need to adequately host a party.
If you have a space outside for entertaining but are less than impressed with the way it functions for your family, you are in luck!
At Tuscany Homes, we are a home builder that designs custom homes in Clark County WA and we believe that outdoor spaces are truly an extension of the home. Today we will be sharing a few tips for whipping this space into shape just in time for BBQ season.
Here are five steps to help you get your backyard ready for all of the entertainment, relaxation, and fun you could possibly hope for this summer:
- If you don’t already have one, create an outdoor living room or seating area: You can do this by investing in some outdoor furniture and a colorful rug. If you are feeling especially ambitious you can revive older pieces of furniture to create a bit of character in your space. If you are looking for a more casual seating area, consider adding some seating around a fire pit. You can also create multiple seating areas to give your guests options. You can even hang a hammock in another part of the yard.
- Add some colors by planting flowers or a vegetable garden: It’s no secret that nature can breathe life into a space, so adding some plants can add an extra accent to your home and outdoor living area. Consider adding a variety, like a few flowering plants, some accent plants at different heights, and some ground covering plants of various textures. You can use vegetables and herbs to add an extra accent to your flowers. If your space is on the smaller side, you can opt for a container to keep the vegetation compact and portable.
- Enhance your yard with landscaping: If greenery is simply not your style or if you don’t have a particularly green thumb, you can consider a rock garden or water feature to add extra appeal to the outside of your home. You also may want to take a step further and plant trees or shrubs, to help create a completely new aesthetic, while also being low maintenance.
- Create pathways to connect the space: When you add pathways to your yard, they can help connect main points of interest within your yard or add necessary structure to an otherwise unorganized space. When creating the pathway look, you have a variety of options available, including bricks, stepping stones, gravel, wood chips, or concrete.
- Hang some outdoor lights for ambiance: Lights can create a special feeling in your outdoor space. They are an inexpensive way to boost the aesthetic appeal, while also inviting your guests outside, even when the sun goes down.
Creating a warm and inviting outdoor space can help you enjoy your yard a bit more and also add value to your home.
If you are looking to hear more about the perfect outdoor living spaces, contact us today. Creating natural custom homes in Clark County WA that invite you to connect with the great outdoors is what we do best at Tuscany Homes!